Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hit and Miss





 Hit and Miss   Anybody else see this show yet? "She's not your typical dad."

There is a whole lot that I can relate to here. Cloe Sevigny plays an Irish, mob contract hitter with a bit of a secret. She is MTF transsexual named Mia/Ryan and discovers that she has a son from an old girlfriend who died from cancer and has left her (Mia) as guardian of her entire family.

It would be like Leon the Professional meets TransAmerica

The relation I have is more to do with a story of mine called Trooper Blondie which has a main character with a similar background and same name. I felt a similar connection when I saw Breakfast on Pluto.

Were you expecting the pizza guy?

Time to pay your bill

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn...no wait, I am bad.



It aired in 2012 on Sky Network in the UK (6 episodes) and is slated for a second season. Rumour is that HBO will be airing it in North America. Its a cable show so it has lots of full frontal nudity, graphic violence, and lots of F bombs. I watched it online because I could wait for the North American release or the DVD set.

If you are like me and enjoy kick ass trannies with guns, you'll love this show.



One other reviewer wrote:
  "Have any of you watched this show? It’s about Mia, an Irish transexual assassin, who learns that she has a son from a previous relationship and has been named guardian for him and his siblings after her ex’s death.

I think it’s actually quite good - I’m cisgender so I can’t say for sure how well it deals with her transexuality, but it looks good to me. Some problematic scenes. Some triggering scenes. Serious issues with the kids and the neighbours and her job.
Mia is a really kickass BAMF lady and her romantic interest is hot. Also I want all her clothes, OMG!"

If you haven't seen it yet, check it out....if you have seen it, post your opinions in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked this show out. It is awesome. Thanks for the heads up.